SEO consists of multiple strategies, actions, and best practices, all of which have the end goal of improving your website’s position in search engines—which is why it’s called “search engine optimization.”
There are two kinds of SEO: on-page and off-page.
On-page: On-page SEO consists of anything you can control on your own website to improve your rankings
Off-page: off-page SEO consists of anything done on other websites that may influence your rankings.
Benefits of SEO
-SEO keeps the search results fair.
- It reduces the ability to manipulate these results as much as possible
- sites appearing for each search are there because they deserve to be there.
- Users trust search engines, and achieving a top spot in search engine rankings signals to searchers that your site is a credible source.
- SEO also improves user experience, making it more likely for customers to become repeat buyers.
- SEO is cost-effective.
- SEO is a great way to drive qualified traffic to your site without directly paying for it.